At Nickel & Suede we believe that trying something new can change your life. Truly. We are all about inspiring women to be brave, bold, and empowered. One small act of courage leads to another and another. We love that being brave inspires those around us to step out of their boxes too. Courage is contagious!
Nickel & Suede is known for our lightweight leather accessories and has redefined the statement earring. Women are now able to wear "big earrings" because we make them lightweight in a way that has never been done before. Our leather earrings are made from only the highest quality materials, such as genuine leather and nickel-free metals like 14 karat gold and sterling silver hooks. In addition to our earrings, we proudly craft leather cuffs and often feature apparel with a message of empowerment.
Since 2016, our customers have done the talking and helped Nickel & Suede grow from a two-person basement business to a company with a full team of employees who make and ship each product with care in Kansas City, Missouri. Find more of our story on our About page.
Nickel & Suede is a high-fashion leather jewelry online brand with a growing brick and mortar retail presence. We are looking for a talented, highly-motivated Email Marketing Manager to help manage our email marketing strategy and tactics and continue to drive us forward in the way we communicate with customers.
- 4+ years experience in email marketing strategies and tactics.
- 2+ years experience in email marketing specifically for ecommerce.
- Advanced capabilities with Mailchimp and their email marketing suite.
- Experience editing in HTML & CSS.
- Intermediate to advanced Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Advanced email copywriting abilities, including the ability to write great headlines.
- Advanced creative email design abilities.
- Intermediate abilities in data analysis and Microsoft Excel.
- Has an intuition towards women’s fashion.
- The ability to hit tight deadlines.
- The ability to over-communicate with other marketing team members.
- The desire for personal accountability.
- The ability to critically think through email marketing problems and come up with hypothesis’ and solutions for resolving those problems.
- An attitude of constant learning and ability to adapt as the business and customers evolve.
- Managing weekly email marketing campaigns, including retail product launch announcements, wholesale account correspondence, and email formats new to Nickel & Suede such as abandoned cart emails
- Increasing open rates and engagement rates of email marketing campaigns.
- Forecasting sales targets generated from email marketing efforts.
- Hitting sales targets and expectations from email marketing efforts.
- Creating email copy that aligns with the brand and communicates the desired message.
- Adjusting, cropping, and optimizing photography that is included in email campaigns.
- Designing unique elements that are included in email campaigns.
- Coordinate with other members of the marketing team to create coordinated marketing campaigns and messaging.
- Build and manage automations and drips inside the Mailchimp email platform.
- A/B testing email subject lines and creative.
- Creating and managing an annual email marketing campaign calendar.
- Ensuring that email campaigns are optimized for all major user email platforms.
- Testing and creating new email design templates that align with the brand guide and help improve readability and sales performance.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org