With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season knocking on our doorstep we admit the to-do’s can be slightly overwhelming! The procrastination kicks in at the end of a long work day and you say to yourself “I’ll get to that tomorrow”. Before you know it, it’s a few days before Thanksgiving and now time to scramble. What should be a joyous time to spend with loved ones turns into a mad dash to complete that last-minute shopping or get those last few recipe ingredients. Today we’ve got a fun list of ways to help ease into and enjoy the season and to get you into the holiday spirit:
1. To: Me | From: Me
- As the cool air begins to fill our days a new candle can be just the cure you’re looking for to beat the cold get a few minutes of peace and quiet. Not only will it fill any space with a warm ambiance to help you relax from the ever-growing holiday to-do’s, but it will also give off a welcoming and fresh scent to get you in the holiday spirit.
2. Make a list, check it twice
- Pick up a fresh new pen and notepad to jot down any ideas you may have throughout the day. Whether your notes include upcoming recipes to make for a family get-together or gift ideas for your friends, putting pen to paper can help relieve the stress of having to remember each and every to-do. We’ve most certainly been there and done the “I won’t forget that” internal speech and come to realize that usually isn’t the case. For our more digital friendly gals, jot down your notes on the notepad in your phone to use as a quick reference point while at the store.
3. Deck the halls a little early
- Get a jump start this year on making the annual climb into the attic to bring down the Rubbermaid bins filled with holiday cheer. Plan to set out your holiday décor a little earlier to make it more enjoyable and feel less like a chore. There are easy tips and tricks to start decorating in a way that works well from November-December. Start by using your favorite holiday staple pieces, such garland strands, to drape on the staircase or span the length of the dining room table. After Thanksgiving, swap out the pumpkins for Christmas trees and voila! Try something new and rearrange where you put what compared to last year. See which seasonal decorations we’re loving on our Pinterest page (check it out here!)
4. From our family to yours
- Wouldn’t it be nice to have one spot where you could easily access all of your friends and relatives addresses at any given moment? We know just what you need! Add the contents of your address book into a single Google Doc for easy access no matter where you are! One of our favorite things about a digital address book is the ability to update it. Forget about crossing out and smudging your traditional notebook with edits each time someone moves. This will come in handy when sending out those family Christmas cards!
5. Wrap it up
- Last but certainly not least is one of our favorite parts about the holiday season; all of the wrapping goodies at the craft store! There are an infinite number of choices from patterned paper, solid paper, burlap string, sparkly bows, the list goes on and on. We are big fans of getting a few pieces here and there and adding all of the supplies to the same bin or bucket for easy access when the time comes to keep those surprise gifts out of sight from curious little eyes.